Horse Quiz Bowl and Hippology References
The following references will be the official resources used in the Hippology and Horse Bowl contests. Note that #9, the tack catalogs, is used in Hippology only. These are the same references which are used in the Regional and National competitions. **Prices were looked up online in Feb., 2011.
- *New* Equine Science: Basic Knowledge for Horse People of All Ages, Jean T. Griffiths. ISBN # 978-1-929164-42-4.
- Horse Industry Handbook, American Youth Horse Council. 4093-A Iron Works Pike, Lexington, KY 40511-8434, 1-800-879-2942. www.ayhc.com. $79.00.
- Youth Leaders Manual, American Youth Horse Council. www.ayhc.com. $39.00.
- The Horse, 2nd Edition by Evans, Borton, Hintz, Vanvleck. ISBN# 0-7167-1811-1. Published by W.H. Freeman, New York. 1-800-877-5351. At Amazon, $101.95.
- Feeding and Care of the Horse, 2nd Ed., by Lon Lewis. ISBN# 0-6830-4967-4. Published by Blackwell Publishing Limited, Commerce Place, 350 Main St., Malden, MA 02148. (800) 862-6657. At Amazon, $52.91.
- The Coloring Atlas of Horse Anatomy, Kainer and McCraken. Alpine Publications, Inc., 38262 Linman Road, Crawford, CO 81415. (800) 777-7257. www.alpinepub.com. $34.95.
- Illustrated Dictionary of Equine Terms, New Horizons Education Center, Inc. Alpine Publications, Inc., 38262 Linman Road, Crawford, CO 81415. (800) 777-7257. www.alpinepub.com. $19.95.
- Florida State 4-H Horse Show Official Rules, revised to current year.
- **Hippology Only**
Dover Saddlery - Apparel, tack and horse care items, for the English rider. To request a free catalog please visit www.DoverSaddlery.com or call 1 888 234 6942.
Smith Brothers - Apparel, tack and horse care items, for the Western rider. To request a free catalog please visit www.SmithBrothers.com or call 1- 888 677 0450.
- Back to Youth / 4-H Programs