Florida State Fair Contest: February 9, 2013, Tampa
State 4-H & FFA Contest: April 13, 2013, Gainesville
- 2013 State 4-H Livestock Judging Contest
- Results, 2013 and Averages/Results in Graphs
- Florida State Fair 4-H Livestock Judging, 2013
- FFA Preliminaries
- 4-H/FFA Livestock & Meats Evaluation Clinic, Jan. 2013
- Resources for Coaches
The FFA State Livestock Evaluation CDE Preliminaries will be held on February 9 at the Florida State Fair in Tampa, and February TBA in Chipley. The State Fair contest on February 9 will also have a small 4-H division. The State 4-H and FFA Livestock Evaluation Contests will be held together in Gainesville on April 13, 2013. Along with the typical "placing four animals" classes, there will be breeding cattle and swine selection classes, and feeder cattle evaluation.
Quite a bit of livestock evaluation information that is available on the web may be found easily from our Livestock/Meat Evaluation Resources page. This site was put together to help you access evaluation materials as well as to provide sample live evaluation practices.
Further Study and Practice:
- Livestock/Meat Evaluation Resources
- National Swine Registry Picture Judging Contest
- Jr. Beef Excellence Program
- Livestock Judging Study at the University of Kentucky
- Back to Youth / 4-H Programs